Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Spontaneous Date

Some days I am really good about having my phone on me all day and somedays not. I am kind of bad about sitting my phone down on my desk & leaving my office to go see patients & not coming back to my desk for a couple of hours because I'm busy. Well, today was one of those days. At 4:45pm, when I was wrapping things up for the day, I headed to my office & put my laptop away, grabbed my cell phone & purse, locked up my office, and walked toward the elevator. Then, I saw that I had 3 missed phone calls {and a picture message}. First, I looked at the picture message.. This one was from my mother in law {or, as I call her, my SC mom..since I don't particularly think that "in law" makes them sound like family. and she is most definitely a big part of my family}. She had bought Kinsley Anne a high chair for the lake house & said in the message that it would now be easier to feed her at the lake! YAY! K isn't spoiled at all!! ;)

Then, I looked at my phone call log. All 3 missed calls were from Kyle. So, naturally, I called him back & he asked if I wanted to meet for supper in a downtown area that has several great restaurants. Of course, I said yes. So, I went and picked up K from "school." Then, I headed to that downtown area. Kyle got stuck in traffic on the highway because of an accident, so he told me to head into the little general store that recently opened there & that he would meet me in there when he arrived. About 15 minutes later, Kyle was there. He told me to pick out some Costa sunglasses. An early birthday present to me!! I definitely didn't argue and tried on several pairs. And although I'm not a decision maker, I fairly easily decided on these. I am also excited that they fit easily in my Lilly croakies. Yay for new sunglasses before the 4th of July weekend!

After I picked out sunglasses, of course I had to pick out some pound know, the old school candy in the barrels that is bought by the pound? My favorites are the red Sunkist fruit gems. YUMMY!!

We went across the street for supper to a neat little hole-in-the-wall restaurant, The Mason Jar. It was pretty tasty, but I think my favorite part was drinking out of the mason jars. You are all going to think I'm crazy, but I think everything tastes better out of a mason jar. I actually take my medicine (all 10 pills) every night with water from a mason jar. I had "Mason Jar Chicken" which was grilled chicken with country ham, cheddar cheese, and honey mustard on top. It came with mixed vegs & french fries. Kyle wanted the special (Turkey & gravy) and although the were "out" of the special, his chicken pot pie looked awesome! He opted for mashed taters instead of the salad that was supposed to come with it. Guess what we ate for dessert? yep, our pound candy!!!!

I loved our spontaneous night out together. Thanks, babe!

K was generally well behaved during all of that and crawled around playing tonight when we got home, but crashed before long. She is so funny at night now. She is absolutely exhausted by 730p. Yet, when we put her in her crib between 730-8p, she sits herself up and trades out her paci with just about every.single.paci. in her crib before finding just the right one. This takes her a good 10 or 15 minutes, but when she finds the right one, she cuddles up to either "Raffy" (her Angel Dear giraffe blanket) or her dolly and conks out. We have always put ~10 pacis in her crib so that she can find one in her sleepy-headedness in the middle of the night if she wakes up...although most times, she sleeps soundly all night.

I hope yall had a good night!

Until Next Time..
Love, Jen

No comments: