Monday, May 2, 2011


Wow. I have been MIA.

Life has just been hectic. This past weekend was so nice. Perfectly refreshing. Just what I needed! Wednesday, my parents flew in. My mom was on spring break so they decided to come spend some time with us! Thursday, my sister drove up to join us.

Friday, Kinsley Anne had her 6 month checkup. She was:

15lbs, 4oz (~25th percentile)
26in long (48th percentile)

She's a petite little thing but the doctor gave her a fabulous report & we have the go ahead to really start increasing her baby food intake. She is going to love it, I'm sure! The pediatrician also felt that she was going to be up and moving soon. She says that the "little ones" seem to crawl, stand, and walk sooner than the bigger babies because they have less weight to carry around. Look out world, here she comes!

Saturday morning, bright & early, we walked. I will do a full post on this to come soon. We walked with the March of Dimes & we really enjoyed ourselves. We are so thankful for Kinsley Anne. Despite her prematurity & "birth defect," she is just perfect to us. She has overcome a lot & we will continue to support her to do the best she can!

Saturday afternoon, we lounged, my mom and I made a little Target trip, and then we ate dinner at the golf course. Sitting outside in the sunshine with my family...ahh, sweet relaxation. Then, we had to say our goodbyes which gets harder & harder with time. I despise "goodbye" anyway, but now with Kinsley Anne, I wish they could be here to enjoy every her like I do. But, ultimately, that's life. At least they plan to move down here when she's up, running around, and making her memories. My sister stayed with us until Sunday, so at least I didn't have to say bye to everyone.

Sunday, we went to church, came home & ate lunch, and did some more lounging. Kyle washed cars & I tried to keep Kinsley Anne happy. She has a little white spot on her lower gum & she is shoving everything in her mouth. Starting Sunday night, she has slept horribly. She can't stay asleep for more than an hour. We have tried Tylenol, Motrin, Baby Orajel, cold teething rings, etc. WHAT IS AN EXHAUSTED MAMA TO DO?? I just want her to feel better. There is no way she can be her happy self when she is not sleeping worth a darn. Last night, she straddled my waist, put her arms around me like she was hugging me, laid her head on my chest, and we rocked and rocked and rocked. We both fell asleep like this in the rocker/glider in her room. Kyle woke me up and she stayed asleep in her crib until ~2am and then the nightmare started again. OTHER MAMAS, I NEED YOUR HELP! What did you do to help your tiny tot make it through teething with sleep?

Anyway, pictures from the weekend will be up soon. I will try to be better about posting regularly again.....if I can keep my eyes open long enough.

Until Next Time..
Love, Jen

1 comment:

Kasey said...

I need to see some new pictures of Kinsley asap. :) Hope you are having a fabulous week and that you had a great first Mother's Day. :)